The idea of a residential airpark has been germinating for a long time with the collection of information and the survey of possible sites taking several years. The problem was to find suitable terrain with easy access and unrestrictive zoning
Now it has all come together with the ideal location, size, and affordability to guarantee success
After visiting and studying many residential airparks in the U.S.A., and the few in Canada, we have discovered the strengths and weaknesses that make the difference between an OK place and a terrific place. With generous allowances made for runway, taxi-way, facilities and the minimum one acre lot sizes, there will be no crowding or encroachment of the aviation side with country-style living.
This unique-to-Ontario airpark will be greatly desirable to aviation enthusiast and the small aviation oriented business. Lancaster Airpark is a great asset to the community and the region but most of all, it is a place where people can live with their plane without fear of disruption to their hobby, pastime or business
The market for an airpark
There are well over 500 residential airparks in the U.S.A. as listed in the members directory of "LIVING WITH YOUR PLANE"
There is about only a dozen airparks in Canada, the newest and probably the best & simplest being Lancaster Airpark .
The main reason for so few airparks in Canada is the lack of suitable locations due to land zoning restriction near large urban centers that would draw the people interested in living with their airplane and who's job, business or means of livelihood would permit them to live in such a place.
The demographics of eastern Ontario, including the National Capital Region, and the southwest Quebec & greater Montreal area, provide enough aviation-oriented people for our airpark
Who are these people who would love to live with their airplanes? They come from many professions : airline pilots, architects, businessmen, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, truck drivers, and of course retired professionals...
They all have one passion in common : They are pilots and aircraft owners who love to fly and live in the country, not too far from the city.
Overall project concept
Lancaster Airpark is located in Ontario, one kilometer west of the Quebec border, south of highway 401, just 50 minutes drive to downtown Montreal, one hour to Ottawa, only 20 minutes to Cornwall. The project is being constructed on a 70+ acre property
With easy road access from toronto-montreal highway 401, thru old highway 2, with ideal level ground oriented into the prevailing wind and with unobstructed approaches, this location provides the perfect ingredients for the creation of an exceptional airpark.
The goal of Lancaster Airpark is two-fold:
First, to provide a generously proportioned grass runway and taxiway network comfortable for the operation of light aircraft.
Second, to be a carefully developed community consisting of 20 home-sites in phase one.
Goals and development guidelines
In preparing the plans for the Lancaster Airpark, several key goals and development guidelines were identified. They were as follows:
1. To offer top quality building lot with room for a home of desirable proportions and an aircraft hangar while leaving plenty of room for garden, pond, patio, pool and other uncrowded outdoor living space.
2. To offer easy taxiway access from every lot to the generous-sized runway .
3. To make available picnic areas in lightly wooded parkland surroundings
4. To develop and execute a sound business plan that will provide an excellent return on investment by constructing the regions finest community in the form of an airpark.
What you get for your money
- Title to your own large building lot.
- Direct common taxiway access to the 125' x 2400' Grass runway.
- Aviation-minded neighbors to maintain end enhance the value of your property.
- Walking distance to our neighbor golf course.
- Rural style living with ready access to major highways with reasonable travel time to Montreal, Québec city, Ottawa, Kingston or Toronto.
- Close access to a seaplane base and marina.(st-Lawrence seaway)
- Short distance to daily commodities.
- Nice gardening environement.